Dr.PMT, Doctor
Experience:  Hospital Medicine, Internal Medicine, interest in Palliative Medicine

i have a golf ball size movable mass in my lower right abdomen,

Customer Question

i have a golf ball size movable mass in my lower right abdomen, when pressed really hurts, also blood in my urine, what could be the cause?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.PMT replied 7 years ago.
Hi there. I would like to help you. Several things can present as masses in the right lower quadrant of you abdomen. Depending on the location, it could be a swollen lymph node indicating an infection. It could be a lipoma if it's just over your skin. Deeper structures would be related to the organs near the right lower part of the belly which include the following: intestines (Stool is a common one, especially if you have symptoms of constipation), appendix, right ovary, uterus. The kidneys are located retroperitoneally (Layman's terms at the back) so it's highly unlikely that the mass will be anything related to the kidney (but still possible). I could not tie in how blood in the urine would have anything to do with a movable mass on your right belly. THe only thing I can think of is you're spotting, and the secretions from your vagina are admixed with your urine.

The most common cause of blood in urine is perhaps stones. Other things would be lesions anywhere where your urine passes, from the kidneys to the urethra.

If you are satisfied with my answer hit ACCEPT, so that I may continue helping other people as well. Please feel free to ask me anything if you feel like you need more info/ clarification.