Dr. Salar
Dr. Salar, Doctor
Experience:  Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
11855647

I have never had hemorrhoids before & I dont know if that

I have never had hemorrhoids before & I don't know if that is what I am experiencing now or if it is a cyst or a boil of some sort. It feels like a marble, is sore, but has no response to the ointments or creams that I have used in the past week. I have also tried ice packs and that is when I noticed that there have been little white seed like things on the ice pack after using it. I also noticed it on a couple of the moist wipes I used. Could this be some sort of infection? What should I do to take care of a cyst or boil?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Salar replied 7 years ago.
first thing is to see your doctor for examination so that the problem can be identified. some thrombosed hemorrhoid can also gives the feel of boil or cyst. some resistant cases dont respond to normal OTC creams either. in any case examination is a must. should use sitz warm bath with plenty of epsom salt in it. should use advil/aleeve twice a day for pain control. for hemorrhoids you need nitroglycerin paste.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
could this be causing me more of a problem because it is time for my period?
Expert:  Dr. Salar replied 7 years ago.
no hemorrhoids / cyst or boil are not linked with period.