Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

i have pain on my left side .when i lay down it feels like

i have pain on my left side .when i lay down it feels like i am laying on box springs.when i sit up or when i am standing the pain feels like something is jabbing in the side of my ribs. my stomach hurts tootowards the middle. ihave had 2 cat scans of the stomach and pelvis. also a mri, a ent doctor,gallbladder test and a thyrodedone and 3 endoscolphy done 1 last month.i have had 2 colonoscolphy done.i have had a mri of the brain too.my stomach also hurts towards the right to.all of the test came back unremarkable except i have ibs,gerd. do you think that is why my side and stomach hurts.i take carafate,and 60mg kapidex,and mirlax.my doctor wants me to take cymbalta.all my doctors think it is stress.what do you think.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. This is related to my field of specialty. your age? any history of weight loss? abdominal pain is severe? what other tests done for that except those which you mentioned?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
47, 11lbs in the last couple of months. but my doctor told me that it was water that i lost.when i eat something i get the weight back. my stomach hurts like if you ate something hot it would feel like is was nausa
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your details. I would say that there are few possibilities in your case and these are acid-peptic disease along with its complications, small intestine disorders. I will recommend few important tests for you one is esophageal-pH-manometry and the other is capsule endoscopy in which a pill is given and then the passage of that can be followed and in this way insight of upper GI and lower GI can be seen. This is because small bowel disorders can be easily missed during upper endoscopy and that's why it become necessary to see the small bowel with the help of capsule endoscopy. There is a strong possibility that your pain is due to acid-reflux but still I will suggest to rule out small bowel disorder. I will also recommend if your pain is due to acid-reflux then fundoplication (surgery) is a good option for you. I can give the possibilities and show the right direction here.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Regards
Dr. Amir Javed
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
do you think there is any thing wrong with me serious.i mean like cancer or something fatale.what do you mean by a small disorder.
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.
It should not be serious but must be ruled out and no possibility of cancer in your case. Small bowel disorder means like infections, inflammatory disorders, polyps, auto-immune disease of small intestines. This can also be simple like complications related to acid-reflux as I already mentioned.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Regards
Dr.Amir Javed