Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Treat children/young adults, former chief resident, multiple publications

Is the following blood pressure and pulse normal 125/77 pulse

Customer Question

Is the following blood pressure and pulse normal? 125/77 pulse 99
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your post. A few questions if you please: how old are you? Do you have any medical problems or take any medications? Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am 56..I take the following medications..Vitamin D 50000IU once a week.. Simvastatin 10 mg at bedtime..
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 years ago.
OK, thank you. I wanted to make sure that you were not on any medications that would affect these values.

To answer your question, this is an excellent blood pressure for someone your age. The heart rate is on the high side of normal, but probably nothing to worry about.

I hope this answers your question. If there is anything else I can help with, please do let me know. Best wishes and good luck, Dr David