Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Treat children/young adults, former chief resident, multiple publications

The corner of my mouth has been twitching at times today--never

The corner of my mouth has been twitching at times today--never before-should I be concerned?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your post. A few questions please: how old are you? What medications do you take? Do you have any medical problems? Has this been happening on one side only? Any other symptoms? Please let me know and I will get back to you. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi-I am 43 and in good health,low cholesterol,B/P,wt-140,5 ' 8"- I have 4 kids ,all healthy.

I had it just yesterday on my left side of my mouth.2 years ago I was bit by a tick and it possibly got some of it left in my scalp(had a tingling sensation for 2 weeks or so and was ready to see my Dr when it stopped )

last summer was bitten by deer ticks and had the classic bullseye rashes and took a weeks of Amoxicillin -500 mg tid.Got a positive IGM for lyme disease and rocky mountain spotted fever but unsure when I had it -the second test showed no increase.(no direct correlation although I was sick a month or two after the scalp tingling with a fever and vomiting and a sore breast and thought it was a breast infection that cleared up within a day or 2).

It has not happened today .Thanks .

Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information and my apologies in the delay in getting back to you. This seems like a muscle spasm, which can often happen when one is stressed or tired. This does not sound like a primary neurologic problem (for instance, a complication of Lyme disease. If it persist and is difficult or painful to deal with, I would recommend trying a medication called Skelaxin which is not sedating and can help with muscle spasms.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if I can help with anything else. Best wishes. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX