Dr. James
Dr. James, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
20222826

what is a wrinkle behind the eye also, does this have to be

what is a wrinkle behind the eye also, does this have to be taken care of before cataract suegery?
Can you clarify what you mean by a wrinkle behind the eye?

Have you been told by your doctor that you have this?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have been told by my opthomologist i have a wrinkle behind my eye, also i have a cataract that needs surgery in the near future. i know what acat is but the (wrinkle i never heard of before
I am unable to help you and I am opting out. Please hold on, other experts on the site will try to help you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
perhaps avitreoretinol specialist can answer my question. thanks
HelloCustomer

I am an ophthalmologist. The wrinkle your ophthalmologist is talking about is likely an ERM or epiretinal membrane. This is scar tissue to froms on the back of the retina and can cause distortion on your vision. It is generally slow growing and surgery is dependent on how bad your vision is.

The cataract is a separate issue. The cataract is usually slow growing as well and surgery is dependent on your visual acuity and symptoms associated with it (such as glare, halos around lights).

You can have either surgery first, but most doctors like to do the cataract first so that if the vitreoretinal surgeon wants to remove the ERM or scar tissue, it will be clearer for him to see.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Smile
Dr. James, Doctor
Experience: Doctor of Medicine