PK
PK, Doctor
Experience:  MD

I have acute upper arm pain that comes and goes. can also travel

I have acute upper arm pain that comes and goes. can also travel to neck.
Category: Medical
Expert:  PK replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to just answer.

What is your age and sex?

Since when do you have this pain ?

Do you have tingling and numbness also in your arm?

Any other complaints apart from this?

Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am 29, female

have had the pain on anf off past few months

numbness sometimes at night

used to suffer with very abd anxiety after fisrt baby

not suffering from any other medi cond

Expert:  PK replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the information .

The pain you have seems to be due to compression of your nerve .

You should have tylenol for the pain .

You will also need physical therapy in order to help get rid of this pain .This can be done in coordination with a chiropractor.This will ease out the pain .

If the pain persists then you will need a MRI of your cervical spine in order to get details on the nerve compression .

I hope this answers your question .

If you have further doubts then do let me know.

Please click on the green accept button if this answers your question as it is only then that will I be credited for my work.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How has this happened? nerve compression in the upper arm?
Expert:  PK replied 4 years ago.
This is probably due to nerve compression in your cervical spine.

This happens when the nerve is compressed when it travels through the spine.

This happens more as the age advances .

Once you take the medication along with the physical therapy you should feel better.

I hope this answers your question .

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sorry to keep asking questions but i've been really worried and nearly too afraid to go to doctor. my back really suffered on last pregnancy so would this maybe the cause of the compression on my spine and then later my upperarm.
Expert:  PK replied 4 years ago.
Its not a problem at all.It is in fact good that you are clearing your apprehensions.

This does not seem to be related to a previous pregnancy.Pregnancy usually causes problem with the lower back.

The changes you have commonly occur as we age and more so in women.

You do not need to really worry about it and just follow the measures I have mentioned and you will feel better.

I hope this answers your question .

Thank you.

PK, Doctor
Experience: MD