Dr Wu
Dr Wu, Doctor
Experience:  Board certified family physician, extensive experience in adult medicine, specalizes in geriatrics.

I am contemplating buying the Supple Drink, which claims the

I am contemplating buying the Supple Drink, which claims the highest quality of ingredients available. I have painful knees and back, but do not want to waste my money on "fads". Does this drink actual help?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Wu replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for submitting your question.

The Supple Drink contains high concentrations of glucosamine and chondroitin. These two ingredients are commonly used to treat arthritis.

In a 2005 clinical study, there was a significant advantage of glucosamine and chondroitin over placebo for pain relief and functional improvement. However, in recent years further analyses indicated no significant advantage in the use of these supplements. We now believe that the original 2005 study was not conducted properly.

The Supple Drink is safe and has no side effects(except a mild increase in blood glucose level). However, it most likely will not help ease your knee and back pain.

I hope this answers your question.