This is most likely due to the pinched nerves in the neck which are giving you neck and hand symptoms. This can be due to;
1) Herniated/degenerated disc in neck
2) Cervical spondylosis; bone spurs in the neck vertebrae pressing on the nerves.
Following investigations would be required;
1) X-ray of the neck spine
2) MRI of the neck
3) Nerve conduction velocity (NCV) study
4) Electromyography (EMG)
You can consult following specialists;
c) MD in Physical medicine and rehabilitation
The other diagnostic consideration would be;
1) Peripheral neuropathy due to other causes
2) Diabetic neuropathy; you should be investigated for diabetes and this should be ruled our ruled in.
3) Neuropathy due to deficiency of B1, B6, B12; blood levels of these can be ascertained.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.