Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

I have these itchy bumps on my upper inner thigh, what can

I have these itchy bumps on my upper inner thigh, what can I do to clear them up? I have used neosporin, which made them smooth to the touch, but they contiune to itch, when I use the gold bond extra strenght power, they feel better, but rough to touch?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 years ago.
This is likely to be due to an allergic reaction.

You should check out whether you have started any new medications. It could be also due to some new foods that you both took, specially foods like nuts, some new types of meat, fish, etc. You could be having a food allergy. You should also watch out for any new soaps or detergents. Link1. Link2

It could also be an allergic reaction to bed bugs. Link.

If you find anything which could have caused the allergy, you should try to avoid it. However, quite as often, no definite cause of such allergic reactions can be found, you should not worry if this is so.

Meanwhile you can take Cap. Benadryl (OTC) 1 cap. daily, this will help to cure the rash. You can also apply 1% Hydrocortisone cream (available OTC) on the rash. You can expect the rash to go down in two three days.

However, if it persists beyond three days or new rashes appear, then you need to approach your doctor for this. If it persists, conditions like scabies , Pityriasis rosea, Eczema and other dermatological conditions need to be ruled out.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.