Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

I have shoulder pain, neck pain, upper arm pain, wrist pain,

I have shoulder pain, neck pain, upper arm pain, wrist pain, lower back pain, around collar bone pain and upper thigh pain.   I cannot sleep and I cannot exercise. My left hand sometimes tingles.   I have tried talking to doctors. I have been told to pick a pain that is worse and do not treat all the symptoms together. They happen all at the same time.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. This is related to my field of specialty. I would like to have some details from you. your age? duration of these symptoms? any tests done for these pains? stiffness of joints or painful movements? history of any joint disorders or auto-immune problems in the family?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am 49. I started having pain only on the right side of my body.   And then I started having muscle cramps. I have been tested a few years ago for lupus. My mother has lupus. The pain in my shoulders is a constant. I have noticed that the pain is worse when
I have a hot flash or get anxious. I cannot sleep on my shoulders the pressure makes them ache.
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your details. First of all I will suggest not to take these symptoms lightly. I can give the important possibilities and show the right direction here. There are few important possibilities which must be investigated in your case and these are like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, Raised uric acid levels, osteoporosis, hormonal imbalance. I will highly recommend you to see Rheumatologist for complete evaluation. I will suggest you to have these tests asap x-ray back, shoulder, neck (AP view), RA factor, serum uric acid levels, serum calcium levels, ANA, ESR,C-reactive protein, thyroid profile, estrogen/progesterone levels. These tests will be important and play an important role in establishing the cause of your problems.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Regards XXXXX
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you have any ideas. I had a full blood work done and was told everthing was within range.   
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.
You need to have fresh tests and particularly the one's which I mentioned above and I am sure the cause will be found with the help of clinical examination by Rheumatologist and test results. There is a strong possibility that you will have one of the problems which I have given in probable possibilities. If you want to help yourself then follow the instructions. There is no other way out for you. I tried to give you the best medical advice here.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed