Dr Do Good
Dr Do Good, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist with Specialty Training in Cardiology. 100% American Training
20192273

skin flacking between toes might be spider bite

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Do Good replied 5 years ago.
Hello Dale:

I would love to answer your question.

I don't understand the word "flacking" what do you mean?

Also, what exactly are you asking about? Are you wondering if you were bitten by a spider?

Which region of the country do you live in? Do you know what kind of spider it could've been?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the skin betteen the two toes turn red then started flaking off there was a small bite mark there not sure what sauve to use
Which part of the country do you live in?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
n carolia
Does the spot itch or burn?
Is it painful in anyway?
Does it look infected?
Has it turned colors besides red?
Does it look like any infection is spreading to your feet or leg?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
itch a little doesnt seem to go away not spreading i put antibactaul sauve on it but doesnt work
Well, there is no way to know if it was a spider, ant, mosquito, noseum, or any other possible bug.

As long as the area is not showing signs of infection, spread of infection, being painful, etc., you shouldn't worry too much about the area. It will heal on it's own.

Here are some things that will help the healing process:

Most importantly, keep your feet clean and dry. Try wearing shoes that keep your feet open to the air as much as possible.

Try keeping your feet dry if you have to wear closed shoes by wearing thick, soft, absorbent socks and by using absorbent foot power.

If you see any sign of infection, especially if painful or if it streaks up your foot/leg, you need to see a doctor and may need to get antibiotics.

As far as ointments, I'm not sure if it is really necessary. Keeping the skin clean and dry should be enough. I don't think there would be any harm in putting over-the-counter triple antibiotic ointment on it if you wanted, but I don't think it's necessary.

If at any point, an infection starts to develop, the sore doesn't show signs of healing after several days, it becomes painful, changes odd colors, or you get a fever, you should see a doctor right away.

Thank you for allowing me to answer you question. If you would like further clarification of your answer, please just ask.
Dr Do Good, Doctor
Experience: Internal Medicine Specialist with Specialty Training in Cardiology. 100% American Training