Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.

Everytime i eat i have to go running to the bathroom and i

Customer Question

Everytime i eat i have to go running to the bathroom and i have diarrhea..then like 3 later to release what is been happening for a month..I have no pinas or nothink like that, the diarrhea comes out all liquid in a bright yellow color..Do i have hiv ? I dont have no fever or sweats along with the diarrhea...I am taking inhibitron and durater for the last week but it hasnt helped..please help ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 years ago.

I am sorry to know about your symptoms.

I have to ask some questions to get a better clinical picture.

what is your age and gender?
are you diagnosed with any medical condition?
are you on any medications?
any blood in stools?
any history of unprotected sex?
does it happen with any specific food?
are you allergic to anything?
any history of weight loss?
any rashes?

Thanks for your patience
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi, no rashes, no weight loss, no unporotected sex, im 38 and on no medication..there is no blodd on my stools been happening everytime i eat it came out solid but then 2 hours again it was all watery yellow..
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to just answer,

Thanks for answering my questions.

Now looking at your age,no history of unprotected sex,your symptoms,it seems that your diarrhea is from infectious cause as that may present with similar symptoms.Ask your physician to do stool for wbc,stool culture ,PCR for giardia ,stool for ova/parasites to rule out infectious causes.
Now there is a possibility that this could be due to malabsorption as you mentioned that you do have solid stools in between,so ask your physician to stool osmolarity,stool for fat to rule out malabsorption causes like celiac,whipple disease.
Now other possibility could be thyroid problems as increase in thyroid hormone can cause resistant diarrhea,so ask your physician to do TSH to rule it out.
Now HIV can also present with diarrhea but as you mentioned that you do not have any history of unprotected sex so it is least likely,still you can ask your physician to do ELISA for hiv to rule this possibility.
Other possibility at your age seems less likely
Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.