Dr. Charogat
Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.

I have a bug in my ear, how do I get it out

I have a bug in my ear, how do I get it out?
Hi and thank you for coming to with your question.

One of the best ways to get a bug out of your ear would be to try to flush it out. You can first try to see if running water into your ear makes it come out. If that does not work you can gently drip some mineral oil into your ear. Most bugs will try to crawl out when that happens because the oil suffocates them otherwise. If it does not come out on its own when you do this, the oil will likely kill it and you will be able to remove it at that time, possibly by just flushing your ear with water again.

You might need to go to the emergency department where they can try to either use an instrument to put gentle suction on it, or they can try using a few methods with other tools.

I hope you are feeling much better - and bug free - very quickly.
G-d Bless

If you have any follow-up questions feel free to ask them.

If you are satisfied with my answer please click 'accept' so that I can be paid. BONUSES and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are not necessary, but always appreciated.