Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, US Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

I have my period now, but i wanted to ask if this is weird

I have my period now, but i wanted to ask if this is weird that the blood comes out of my vagina more in the toliet than on the pad. I only been having one little spot of blood on my pad throughout this period.

Is that normal? And i always had cramps my whole life and this period no cramps, is that normal.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
Hi Marina,
First I would want to make sure that the blood is truly vaginal bleeding and that there is no blood in your urine as well. If you are having symptoms of a bladder infection, such as burning, urinating more often, or feeling like you have to go and then only going small amounts, you need to have this checked out to make sure there is no infection going on.
If it is not blood in the urine, it may be that when you are actually sitting on the toilet, the pelvic and vaginal muscles are more relaxed, allowing the blood in the vagina to flow more freely outside of the body.
As for why you are not having cramps this period, it may be because this is a lighter period for you.
If this is a very abnormal period for you with regards XXXXX XXXXX and flow and you are sexually active without protection, you need to rule out pregnancy. You can get a small amount of bleeding when the fertilized egg is implanting in the uterus and this can sometimes be confused as a period.

If you have any more questions, please ask!
Dr. Abby
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have never been sexually active. When I urinate, I see no blood coming out with my urine. I just peed in a plastic cup and the urine is clear of blood.

For about a week in half I was staining brown and wiping myself and brown stuff would come out and I was spotting blood and a lil blood came out of my vagina with clear discharge.

Is that normal to happen before a period comes.

Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
Hi Marina,
Thanks for the further info.
Yes, the brown "discharge" is normal..it is just oxidized, old blood.
it is very common before a period and at the end of a period.
It is nothing to be concerned about at all.
The clear discharge is also normal.

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

okay =). I just got scared because when i would get my period since I was 10 until now 25, going to be 26, I would always get the brown discharge the first day only and then the last day 7th day of period.

now i got it this time for the first time, 1 week and half before period wiping myself and their was brown discharge and brown stuff and spotting a little blood eachday before my period and some blood came out from my vagina before my period

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My last question is also having my period now this month, when i walk no blood is leaking on my tampoon at all from my vagina when Iam walking or doing anything is that normal that it is only coming out mostly when Iam on the toliet peeing. isnt menstrual blood supposed to come out like a faucet alot. It always used to come out like that for me like the blood would flow more easily. Can it be cause of my weight I weigh195 pds
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
It seems that this time you probably had some spotting in between your regular period this month.
It happens to many women.
If you continue to have spotting in between your periods, make sure you get checked out by your doctor...sometimes thyroid problems, polyps and other things can cause irregular bleeding (none of these are serious and all can be treated).
I would only get checked out if it happens again with your next cycle. Like I said, it is not unusual to have an irregular period/spotting occasionally.

As far as your second question, I am not sure why you are only seeing blood when you are peeing and none on the tampon unless the tampon is up against the cervical opening, preventing the flow. When the tampon is removed, the blood is able to flow more freely during urination.
I do not think your weight has anything to do with it at all.

Dr. Abby
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Are polyps, fibroids and cysts in a womans body serious, or can they be treated with prescribed treatment by the doctor.

Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
Marina,
Cervical polyps can often be removed in the doctor's office.
Fibroids of the uterus are common and can cause irregular and heavy bleeding. They are not serious and can be treated by a doctor.
Simple ovarian cysts usually resolve on their own without treatment.
Neither of the three things are serious.

Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, US Board Certified MD
Experience: Family Physician practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States