Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

i have spongy dermatitis on my feet treating with nafitin 1%.

i have spongy dermatitis on my feet treating with nafitin 1%. my hands show the same symptoms. could this have been spread by treating my feet? they itch like mad sometimes.
No, Spongy dermatitis, or rather, spongioform dermatitis, occurs due to an allergic or irritant reaction and it does not spread from the feet to the hands.

It is a type of eczema and eczema naturally tends to occur in both the hands and fet together.

You can take Cap. Benadryl one capsule once or twice daily. You should also discuss with your doctor about using steroid ointments and emollients which help in this.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.