Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

how long does weed stay in your system if you smoked once and

how long does weed stay in your system if you smoked once and about 2 hits in about 10 years?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 years ago.
It depends mainly on the level of exposure. The difficulty is that THC, the active ingredient of cannabis, gets stored up in fat and is released slowly into the blood.

Cannabis, or rather, THC, takes a week to six weeks to clear from the body. For a mild exposure, say, a day of moderate smoking, a week would be sufficient to clear up the system. But for chronic exposure, in heavy smokers, 6 weeks would ideally be required for the cannabis to be cleared.

For you, a week should be sufficient but better to make it two weeks to be sure.

You can look up here:
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/DrDrew/testing.html

Also look up here:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_testing.shtml

You can buy a commercial do-at-home test here.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green ‘accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have read a lot of conflicting information online. Some people say 3-10 day if you smoke moderatly every day. But once in 10 plus years? Do you still think that it would take 2 weeks?
Three days is too low.

The active metabolite is dissolved in fat and exceted slowly.

A minimum of one week is necessary as I said for safety. 2 weeks is for extra precaution.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.