Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Physician
Experience:  Practicing Medicine and Surgery since 1992

hi i have a red lump( ) or bump on my face and it is unsightly

hi i have a red lump(?) or bump on my face and it is unsightly to me. I asked my doctor about it and she said it was a rosacia (i dont remember the second wordd) but she said it is common in older women but i dont want this red thing on my face...can it be removed? and if so what would be the approximate cost? thank you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 7 years ago.

Rosacea is akin to the older person's version of acne in teens. It causes your skin around the face to become inflammed and get red. It causes the blood vessels to swell up as well. You can get little "bumps" like pimples as well. These can be removed simply enough in the office. The cost varies from doctor to doctor but usually in the range of $150-300.

Hope this helps and thank you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you dr. chan for your reply. this is larger than just a pimple and there is only one (1) . i will look into having it removed by a dermatologist
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 7 years ago.

Or a Plastic Surgeon or General Surgeon.