Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MS

my wbc was 3.0 and 3.1 what could be wrong

my wbc was 3.0 and 3.1 what could be wrong?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I went in to my primary because I was having stomach pain (thinking IBS) under my left rib cage down the left side. She sent me for an x-ray & ultra sound and full blood work up. all blood work came back good but my wbc. 1 one was a 3.0 and the second was repeated 2 weeks later came back at 3.1. I am not on any medication, not diabetic. The only other thing I can say is that i am very tired alot, but I did just have a baby he is 5 months old. I only breastfeed for 5 weeks. Oh and my body aches alot. Have had these problems for years, but seems to have bothered me more lately.

Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 7 years ago.

The condition you describe is called Leucopenia.With normal blood tests and no use of any medication you rule out most causes of Leucopenia.

The remaining possible causes would include
  • Agranulocytosis that is stoppage of production of white blood cells
  • Or most likely Idiopathic that is without any cause.
I would suggest that you wait for a months time and get the counts again.If the decreased counts persist get a complete physical and get all investigations done.

If you are satisfied then don't forget to click ACCEPT.

I am available to answer your further queries.

Positive feedback and bonus would be warmly appreciated.

Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice.