Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MS

I got a very small piece of candy stuck in my windpipe. After

I got a very small piece of candy stuck in my windpipe. After several minutes of forceful coughing and some vomiting, it dislodged and came back up. Now my chest hurts and have a cough that brings up a clear mucous.   Is this just my body recovering from the trama of almost choking or something I should have checked out
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It happened last night at about 9 PM (eastern time) and it is now about 13 hours later.

I do not have a fever, just the pain, not a constant pain, mostly when I take a deep breath, and then there is the feeling of having to cough. It is not the pain so much that worries me it is coughing the gunk up.

I am female - 56 years old.

I have had a persistent cough but it was from allergies and is no longer a problem with my allergy meds