Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice

can i take benadryl if i took aspirin two hours ago

can i take benadryl if i took aspirin two hours ago?

Greetings and welcome to justanswer,

What is your age?

Are you asking about the interaction of benadryl tablet or benadryl cough syrup?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i am 60 year old female with liver problems. i took bayer plus, 500 mg, for pain on my hand. but have tremendous itch after eating mango ice cream, so i want to take benadryl kapgelsm which i have taken in the past for similar itch but never with aspirin

Thank you for the information,

The benadryl contains diphenhydramine and is an antihistamine drug.It is in fact used in combination with aspirin to treat the cold and sinusitis symptoms.You may take benadryl along with aspirin.

Since you are also having liver problem so you should be cautious regarding the use of aspirin and it may cause liver damage on continuous chronic use over long time.

You should consult your doctor if you have liver damage and frequently take aspirin.The alcohol should definitely be avoided along with aspirin as it may cause gastric ulcer and internal bleeding.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!