Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

the head of my penis is turning white , it is not sore or

the head of my penis is turning white , it is not sore or itchy.
cheers
hi
How long has this been going on? Any other medical problems or medications? Any other white patches on your body? Is the whole head of the penis white?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

hello

there are no other white patches on my body that i aware of. it has been going on for a while a couple of months ,not all of it is white but most, i am not taking any other medications.

thanks

Thanks for the additional information. Well, white patches on the penis without itchiness or puffiness are likely caused from vitiligo. This is actually fairly common. It is not indicative of anything dangerous or malignant.

Vitiligo is a condition in which your skin loses melanin, the pigment that determines the color of your skin, hair and eyes. Vitiligo occurs when the cells that produce melanin die or no longer form melanin, causing slowly enlarging white patches of irregular shapes to appear on your skin.

Vitiligo affects all races, but may be more noticeable and disfiguring in people with darker skin. Vitiligo usually starts as small areas of pigment loss that spread with time

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vitiligo/ds00586

If this bothers you, I would suggest that you make an appointment to be seen by a dermatologist. There is no cure for vitiligo, treatment focuses on stopping or slowing the progression of pigment loss and, if you desire, attempt to return some color to your skin.

best wishes

press the green accept button if this was helpful