MasterDoc, Doctor
Experience:  20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine

In the past two weeks I have had 4 episodes as follows Sudden

In the past two weeks I have had 4 episodes as follows: Sudden onset of dizziness, nausea, sweating and when trying to walk every part of my body wants to pull to the left. After each episode, I have some numbness to my entire head for several hours. I have to have assistance to walk over just to sit down. If I lay down and close my eyes or hold my head down, it eases the situation, however, as soon as I lift my head the room starts spinning and I feel as though I am going to pass out. Each episode lasted approximately 30 minutes and have been about 5 days apart. I have done all the stroke checks, raising my arms, speaking sentences, smiling, etc. I can do all of these during this time. Can you give me any idea what this might be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
I think I can give you a reasonably good idea. This is most likely "vertigo". Most cases are associated with a dysfunction in the inner ear; there are, however, some cases associated with a dysfunction in the part of the brain called the cerebellum. For that reason you need to see an MD ASAP; you need a CT scan or MRI of the brain. Here is a link to a reliable site that discusses this in detail:
And here is a link to a specific site that discusses one specific diagnostic possibility:
Please click ACCEPT>
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
And a BONUS is always appreciated.