Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

I have observed white fatty lumps in my stool about the size

I have observed white fatty lumps in my stool about the size and shape of a bean. Is this a matter that should concern me? Thanks!

Since how long? How frequently ? Any other symptom? Any past illness? Any test ? Any treatment taken?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have noticed the lumps for the last two weeks or so but they may have been appearing much longer. I have had no recent illness.
Thank you for the input.

These can be lumps of mucus or fragments of worm like tapeworm. Mucus can occur in excessive amounts with simple constipation to conditions like infection, inflammation like inflammatory bowel diseases or any condition which can irritate the colon. When it is a new symptom & continuing , it will be prudent to get an examination by doctor. Stool test can be necessary to find out the cause.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please ask.