Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist

In April I fell and hit my head on a bathtub, my own fault,

In April I fell and hit my head on a bathtub, my own fault, I was not eating and drinking on an empty stomach, I fell multiple times, after the falls, I couldn't walk straight and was tilting to one side. Never happened again after that, but I went to the doctor, he gave me those medications I mentioned, and they concluded that I have masses in my head and it is not from falling.

I have never been sick like that, and I know why I fell, can this be a brain injury, I did hit my head pretty hard a few times.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 years ago.

Greetings.

What did your CT scan or MRI show?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It showed a few masses in my head

There is a possibility that the masses caused your loss of balance and that were responsible for your multiple falls. Usually it is pretty easy to differentiate the changes seen in the brain in scans; which are caused by the fall and masses.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
But I never fell like that until I was drinking heavily one night and hit my hit, I know that I mentioned this to the doctor, he said that brain injuries don't show up on a ct scan, why are they ruling out that this is from falling? I'm sure the masses caused my walking unbalanced, but could it be I got them from the fall and not from any disease?

With your so certain history, you can ask your primary care physician to get a PET scan (positron emission tomography). This is a superior scan than the CT or MRI and may be able to identify the brain injury due to the fall.

It is pleasure and privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have had a PET scan, evrything else came back normal, except for the lesions in my head, which they think are cancerous.

The doctors go by the clinical findings and medical imaging studies. I agree with you that there is a possibility of head injury due to the fall and there are many injury which may not show in modern medical imaging but since they are not evident, the usual conclusion drawn is what is conspicuous. In your case the pointer would be the masses seen in brain.

Dr. Arun

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience: MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. I am going to see a specialist, a nuerologist to see what he has to say.

You are most welcome.

Good luck.

Dr. Arun