Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

I have pain on both sides of my groin started on the left side

I have pain on both sides of my groin started on the left side for several months now on the right side for two days. hurts spreading legs when lying down, hurts when getting up from a sitting position. I am a female 55 yrs old. Also in bed while lying down when i roll over the right calve sends a shooting pain along with the groin pain. any answers of cause ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 7 years ago.
It would be tough to be certain as to the cause of your groin pain without a physical examination.
There are a list of causes that come to mind, and these include a hip joint problem like arthritis, hernia, pinched nerve in the lower back and rarely even stones in the genitourinary system.
It would be best if you get this evaluated by your physician with a possible orthopedic referral and an MRI of the lumbar spine / hip joint as needed,
Warm regards