Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I BLEED EVERY MONTH FROM MY RECTUM DURING MY PERIOD. I HAVE

I BLEED EVERY MONTH FROM MY RECTUM DURING MY PERIOD. I HAVE HAD COLONSOCOPY AND THERE WERE NO POLYS OR ANY BLEEDING EXCEPT AROUND MY ANAL. (MY PERIOD WAS ON WHEN I HAD THIS PROCEDURE.) I HAVE HAD THIS BLEEDING FOR APPROX 8 TO 10 YEARS.

I HAD A BIOPSY OF THE LINING OF MY UTERUS AND WAS RECENTLY DIAGNOSIS WITH DYSFUNTIONAL UTERINE BLEEDING DUE TO THE THICKING OF ENDOMETRIS ON MY UTERUS.

NO ONE HAS GIVEN ME ANY SPECIFIC ANSWERS. BUT DO U THINK THAT THE ANAL BLEEDING HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE DSYFUNCTIONAL UTERINE BLEEDING, OR WOULD BE BE SOMETHING TOTALLY UNRELATED.
You are likely to be having Intestinal Endometriosis.

Endometriosis is a condition when there is implantation of the lining of the uterus, the endometrium, in parts of the body other than the uterus. When periods occur, there is bleeding from the out of place endometrium in these parts.

When such endometrium is implanted in the intestine, it is called intestinal endometriosis. 'Menstrually associated rectal bleeding is diagnostic of intestinal Endometriosis'. Link. This is why you have rectal bleeding during your periods.

You should consult a gynaecologist for this. You should discuss about intestinal endometriosis with him. You will need tests like CT scan to diagnose your condition.

You can read up here:
http://www.infertilityphysician.com/endometriosis/intestinal.html
http://www.endo-resolved.com/intestinal_endometriosis.html

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.
Addendum to Dr. Jyoti's excellent answer: in the USA I would go to a gastroenterologist for this rather than a gyn.
Do NOT click ACCEPT next to this answer; please accept Dr. Jyoti's answer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

hello doctor. You suggest i go to a gatroenterologist because of the bleeding around my anal? so u think it has something to do with my stomah, even though no polys were found in my bowels or intestines. please explain sir. thanks

As Masterdoc has also said, you should go to a gastroenterologist.

In endometriosis, polyps or any other diseases may not be found, and colonscopy is often not diagnostic.

But tests like CT scan can detect this.

Hence you should go to a gastroenterologist for this and discuss about intestinal endometriosis with him.

Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.