MasterDoc
MasterDoc, Doctor
Experience:  20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine
3119816

I caught my husband masturbating and he lied and said he didnt.

I caught my husband masturbating and he lied and said he didn't. He even swore on the Bible. A long time ago he volunteered not to do it again. I feel horrible. Is it that important to swear on the Bible. He was the one who said he wouldn't do it again but has. I feel disgusted that he had to lie about it.
Category: Medical
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
Could you please clarify the medical question you are asking?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Guess it isn't a medical question really, but was wondering is it normal for that behavior, and should i be feeling as upset as i am. He says he doesn't want to do it. Can you maybe send me to another place for that kind of question. I'm just looking for answers, that's all.

thank you
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
Your question seems to be if this is "normal behavior". The answer to that is an unqualified yes. A vast majority of men of all ages masturbates. While the numbers are somewhat lower for married men. The number is XXXXX quite high. There is nothing abnormal about it. Perhaps your belief that such behavior is abnormal made him so embarrassed he felt obligated to lie.
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have never said one way or the other. I was just wondering since he volunteered on his on not to do it, but still did and lied. i was wondering if he has a problem and is there another website you can recommend on this particular subject. i will accept your reply then. just some direction will be helpful.

thank you.
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
No doubt there is also a component is HIS mind of him feeling it is inappropriate to masturbate while married.
Here is a relevant link:
http://sexuality.about.com/od/masturbation/tp/masturbationmyt.htm

Please click ACCEPT.
Hopefully I have been helpful to you.