MasterDoc, Doctor
Experience:  20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine

I have just finished a course of antibiotics (10 days) for

I have just finished a course of antibiotics (10 days) for cellulititis and not sure that it has worked.It started in my arm from a bug bite, now I'm experiencing more swelling and some pain in arm,hand and also some breast and back discomfort on the same side. Can cellulitis move that fast?The antibiotic was duricef 500 mg twice daily. What do you think?
Category: Medical
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
Cellulitis can DEFINITELY move this fast. If it has not greatly improved after 10 days of antibiotic therapy then likely the germ causing the problem is not sensitive to duricef. You need to go back to the MD for a different antibiotic; possibly you might even need antibiotics given in your vein.
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
And a BONUS is always appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so very much for your help,I now know what I need to do. You were concise and to the point.