MasterDoc, Doctor
Experience:  20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine

For as little $ as possible how can I get a assessment and possibly RX

For as little $ as possible how can I get a assessment and possibly RX for my self diagnosed Adult ADD?
Category: Medical
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
THere is no guaranteed easy and cheap way to get a diagnosis and treatment for this. You could try making an appointment with a psychiatrist (around $300 without insurance in the US) and MAYBE they will be willing to try an attempt at treatment. However, they might want additional testing by a psychologist (although there is no clearly useful tests). Conversely you could try going straight to a psychologist who could refer you to a psychiatrist for a prescription. If you qualify, you could call a nearby hospital and ask for a referral to a low cost mental health clinic. You have to realize that since the treatment is a "controlled substance" there is an immediate suspicion that someone asking for this diagnosis and treatment is seeking drugs. THere is no legal way to get treatment other than by seeing an MD personally as prescribing over the internet is illegal.
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I've been told about a generic substitute called amphetamine/dextroamphetamine. that can supposedly be obtained without a prescription. Is this true? Any feedback on amphetamine/dextroamphetamine is it risky?
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
Where can you supposedly obtain this? Possessing amphetamine/dextroamphetamine without a prescription is illegal. Far more likely it is a scam; they sell you a fake (since they could go to jail for a LONG time for selling the real stuff).
Please click ACCEPT>
And a BONUS is always appreciated.