Dr.Saurabh Joshi
Dr.Saurabh Joshi, Doctor
Experience:  Physician,Neuro and Vascular Interventional Radiologist

I have tingling, numbness in arms, legs, hands, feet when laying

I have tingling, numbness in arms, legs, hands, feet when laying in bed. Seems better when walking around but I cannot sleep because of it. Is there anything I can do so I can go to sleep?

Since when do you have this tingling ?

Do you have Diabetes or Heart disease ?

How old are you ?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am 74 female. No diabetes or heart disease that I know of. I have some spinal problems that I go to a chiropractor for sometimes.

This tingling is most probably from your spinal problems.

There seems to be a compression of the nerve roots as they come out of the spinal cord from degenerated discs / osteophytes.

This causes the tingling along the areas supplied by the nerves.

For now, you can try taking a Tylenol and trying to rest on a firm surface. Vitamin B complex supplements should be able to help reduce this tingling.

Gentle stretching exercises should help too.

Please see your doctor for further evaluation of your Spinal problems to localize the nerve compression, so that this can be treated definitively.

Kind Regards,

Dr.Joshi XXXXX click *** ACCEPT *** if you are satisfied, otherwise I do not get paid for my work and JustAnswer holds your Deposit.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I figured that might be the problem but I wanted an immediate remedy so I could get some sleep. It is 5 oclock iin the morning here. I took the tylenol and B Complex so I will see what happens. Thank you!
Thank You