MasterDoc
MasterDoc, Doctor
Experience:  20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine
3119816

I have chronic cough. I recently underwent a complete environmental

I have chronic cough. I recently underwent a complete environmental allergy test - and am allergic to NOTHING!   Now what?   I've had this cough for 15 years and have lived in 4 different environments during that time.... Some suggest I should see a Pulmonologist - what say you???
Category: Medical
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
My first thought would be acid reflux. That can definitely produce a chronic cough. A visit to a GI MD might be useful to investigate that.
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well, I have heard that before - and have NO other symptoms of acid reflux - but I have taken anti-acid medicine to test this theory.... to no avail..... is there a test that would confirm acid reflux even in the absence of symptoms???
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
By the way, here is a link to a recent news article that you might find interesting. http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/conditions/06/19/chronic.cough/ Please click ACCEPT. ANd a BONUS is always appreciated.
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
Yes. AN endoscopy by a GI MD would show if you have reflux that might be the cause of your cough.
Please click ACCEPT.
And a BONUS is always appreciated.