MasterDoc, Doctor
Experience:  20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine

6 years old and was potty trained at age 3. Since starting kindegarden

My grandson is 6 years old and was potty trained at age 3. Since starting kindegarden he has started wetting his pants during the day and he says he cannot stop it. My son is really upset with him and thinks it is his fault that he doesn't make it to the pot. I am very concerned and what do you suggest?
Category: Medical
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
The likeliest cause for what you are describing is stress associated with a new experience (school). A MUCH less likely possibility would be a urinary tract infection. If the child needs to ask permission before going perhaps there is a delay that is contributing. This problem should be discussed with the childs pediatrician.
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
And a BONUS is always appreciated.