MasterDoc
MasterDoc, Doctor
Experience:  20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine
3119816

BLOOD..VAGINA..IT IS AN ITCHING AND REDNESS CONDITION AND I SWEAT

I AM 71 YEARS OLD AND IN VERY GOOD CONDITION AND HEALTH WISE, EXCEPT FOR HIGH BLOOD PREASURE.
I HAVE THIS CONDITION IN THE VAGINAL AREA, ALONG SIDE THE OPENING TO THE VAGINA. IT IS AN ITCHING AND REDNESS CONDITION AND I SWEAT IN THAT AREA ALOT. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT I CAN DO FOR THIS ITCHING AND REDNESS AND WHAT CAUSES THIS.
LINDA
Category: Medical
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
An itchiness and redness condition in an area in which you sweat a lot sounds like a fungal infection. I would recommend calling your MD for an appointment to examine the area. While you are waiting for an appointment you could try topical anti-fungal cream, available without a prescription in the pharmacy. Here is a link to a reliable site:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/jock-itch/DS00490
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
And a BONUS is always appreciated.