Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Can eating board chalk cure heartburn

Can eating board chalk cure heartburn?

Thanks for your question.

Though not recommended, chalk (containing calcium carbonate) can ease the heartburn. However, it would not cure heartburn.

Prilosec or Zantac are much better, and they are approved medications for this condition.

Take care.

If I have answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are warmly appreciated.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Please note that answers and advice are for information only, and do not take the place of an assessment by your doctor, and does not establish a patient-physician relationship. Please Consult a Physician in your State for Medical Advice.

Answers provided through justanswer.com are for educational and research purposes only.