Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing

why is my nose always red and face red and blotchy looks like ance but not

Customer Question

face red and blotchy.
looks like ance but not.
dry and flacky.
nose red in all shades.
what is ths ?
and what can be done to have a clear face?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 7 years ago.
How old are you? Sex?
Any other medical problems or medications?
What type of work do you do?
Any exposure to wind or sun?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

42 female.

my period is very light and last for several days.

i also have leakage clear that looks like i pea my pants.

whse for hobby lobby in the fabric room.

yes i live in oklahoma its always windy

What sort of lotions or creams have you applied to your face? Do you drink any alcohol?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
olay moisterizer for sensitive skin. yes i drink but not very much just when i go out once or twice a month
Well it appears that you have some sort of a dermatits- which is an inflammation of the skin. This may or may not be itchy, but it is characterised by dry, red and flakey skin.

This can be caused by exposure to cold, wind, perfumes, soaps, detergent and even water. Hydrocortisone cream should help with the inflammation, but it does tend to wear off easily. That being said, you can also take benadryl as directed. This should help with the inflammation. It is also important to wash with very hypoallergenic soaps- like baby soaps and use baby detergent. Do not use anything that has perfume. And wash sparingly as the act of washing with soap and water can dry out the skin and make it worse. A good cleansing brand recommended by dermatologists is Cetaphil. After washing, you may apply a small amount of hydrocortisone cream no more than twice daily. Keep the face moisturised and protected from the sun- cetaphil makes an excellent sunblock. Minimise exposure to the wind.

If you develop any streaky red marks, fever or pus coming out anywhere, you need to see a doctor right away. If it doesn't get better in a couple of weeks, you should see a dermatologist, but I think that if you follow the above tips, it will help tremendously.

Best wishes

Press the green accept button if this was helpful. Feedback and bonus are humbly appreciated

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i do that anyway with the hydrocortiszone cream every day and night. i use no soap on my face at all i wash my face with plain water and a wash cloth
Do you do everything I am talking about with the cetaphil lotion and soap? The cetaphil contains emollients. As well I would not use a wash cloth as wash cloths contain bacteria which you are likely transmitting back to your face. You can use a throw away wipe. Or you can launder your wash cloth every time.

Try exactly what I am instructing you to do. With the cetaphil brand soap and lotions. If this does not help, you need to see a dermatologist. Give it a couple of weeks.

Press the green accept button if this was helpful