Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

how do you treat a fisser cut on your rectal opening

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. I want to confrim that You want to know the treatment of anal fissures?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
annal fissures ? is that like a cut that hurts very badly at the outside of the rectal area? if yes this is my questions how do you get rid of it/ treatment with calmol 4 supposotories for 5 weeks did not help/ thanx
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.
I am going to OPT out so another medical expert can help you in this shortly. I am not able to understand your question fully.

Best regards
Dr. Amir Javed
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
anal fissur, what is the best cure? i am not conctipated and do drink alot of water, it is very painful
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.
I assume that this is anal fissure which you want to ask. I opted in here to help you. Glyceryl trinitrate (GTN) ointment to the anus relaxes the muscle around the anus (the anal sphincter). This may allow the fissure to heal better. One of the best treatment for anal fissure is Injection Botox which is when injected then Botulinum toxin enables chemical denervation of the internal sphincter facilitating healing of the anal fissure. The other treatment is surgical which involves sphincterotomy, i.e. cutting of the internal anal sphincter, thus eliminating spasm of this muscle and breaking the vicious circle of pain, spasm and inflammation. You can discuss these with your doctor especially Inj Botox and this will help you a lot. Take plenty of fluids and try to take fiber as much as you can. Warm baths are soothing, and may help the anus to relax which may ease the pain.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed