Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Experience:  MD Pulmonology/Medicine Asthma, Allergy, 6+ years of experience in medicine and family health issues
14756658

Hello, I have an ulcer-like sore inside my vagina that is

I have an ulcer-like sore inside my vagina that is very tender. The sore is white and the area around the sore is slightly red. I believe this has caused me to have diarrea for the last 3 days as well. I also have abdominal pain. Do you know what this ailment coule be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Bhumika replied 5 years ago.

This is the bartholin's cyst. The Bartholin's gland is a tiny organ on each of the labia, near the opening of the vagina. Normally they are invisible.

In some cases, however, they can be caused by an infection, or they may become infected like in your case.

A small cyst can be treated by soaking in a few inches of warm water (sitz bath) several times a day for 3 or 4 days. This allows the cyst to rupture and drain with little pain or discomfort.

If your symptoms still persist you would need to see a doctor for this.

please let me know if you need any other information.

Please click - ACCEPT if you find this helpful so that i get paid for my work and the deposit you have made is released. A bonus would be appreciated.

Best regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello Dr. Bhumika,

Could this be the Bartholin's Cyst if it is higher than the Bartholin gland, right next to the crevice of my urethral orifice and labia minora? The sore is not directly on my labia. I looked at the cyst today and there it is no longer white, but the same color as my labia. The area surrounding the cyst is much larger than it was yesterday, indicating swelling. Would this also explain my abdominal pain and diarrhea? I failed to mention my urine has also smelled diffrent for the last couple of weeks. Sorry for not giving more detail earlier.

Do you have any itching?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No itching. And it only burns when I urinate because the sore it near my urethral opening.

This could be due to - infections - in your cervix , vagina etc.

If this is due to an infection - this would resolve spontaneously and if not it would require antibiotic medications.

I suggest you consult an OBG specialist since it has been some time and you still have the symptoms.

Local antibiotic creams and other preparations are sometimes prescribed.

Also a swab would be send to check for any infection.

I have tried to give an extensive answer, however please let me know if you need any other information.

Regards.
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Experience: MD Pulmonology/Medicine Asthma, Allergy, 6+ years of experience in medicine and family health issues