Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.
17382760

I have swollen glands in the neck which swell more during eating

I have swollen glands in the neck which swell more during eating and then subside to almost normal size.   This has contin ued for 48 hours. I have no other symptoms except a feeling of being slightly unwell.
Hello

Most likely you are having either salivary gland infection or stone in salivary gland as these are two conditions which can cause swelling of glands after eating.When you eat they are stimulated to produce salivary juices and then if there is obstruction of the flow or infection,they swell.

Ask your physician to rule out both possibilties so that you get your diagnosis and proper treatment.

Thanks

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Other
I would value further advice. I had a thyroid/neck ultrasound folloed by a sialogram. A salivary gland was found to be blocked but not by a stone. An attempt to open the duct with a probe was not successful and my physician referred me to a surgeon. My only symptoms remain the swelling of glands on either side of the neck below the jaw - no pain or discomfort. The surgeon agreed we might wait for a time before operating and the GP thought that regular massaging might help but it has not done so. The GP tells me that there might be some risk of infection if we wait too long. I shall be obliged by your opinion. If you will advise the total fee now due I can arrange prompt payment through my Visa or Amex cards.