MasterDoc, Doctor
Experience:  20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine

I am currently taking birth control and never miss pills, but

I am currently taking birth control and never miss pills, but a couple weeks ago I had sex while I was on my period. Since I was on the week of green pills I was scared of the risk of getting pregnant and took the Plan B pill an hour after sex. Yesterday I noticed some brown discharge and still have some today. I took a home pregnancy test a week before my expected period and it tested negative (probably because I took it so early). Is it still possible I'm pregnant?
Category: Medical
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
First of all let me say that taking the plan B was totally unnecessary. IF you take the pills faithfully as you are supposed to then you are protected from pregnancy even during the week that you are taking the inactive pills! Assuming you are continuing to take your regular pills this month, there is NO reason to think you would be pregnant. Possibly this irregular bleeding is related to your use of the Plan B; it can produce irregular vaginal bleeding even weeks later.
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
And a BONUS is always appreciated.