Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.

i have yellow mucous coming from my anus it smells a bit like

i have yellow mucous coming from my anus? it smells a bit like vomit. what does it mean?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Mucus coming from the vine Anus can come from several different causes. Most often it is from an irritation around the anal canal with inflammation and drainage. It may also be that you have hemorrhoids which are inflamed and they tend to leak material that is like mucus. There is a very rare type of polyp that causes mucus from the anus but I doubt you have this. If it is foul smelling it could be coming from an abscess which is an infection. The fact that it is yellow also suggests possible infection. I would suggest that use have this carefully examined by your doctor to determine the exact cause so he can give you appropriate treatment in case it is an infection. It may be possible you are seeing pus and not actually mucous.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for educational purposes only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor or establish a doctor patient relationship.