Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.

If my AST level is 133 and my ALT level is 190, do I have

Customer Question

If my AST level is 133 and my ALT level is 190, do I have Cirrhosis?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

There can be many different causes or elevations of your liver function tests such as those you describe. You'd need to have a fairly extensive workoup by your doctor which would include tests for hepatitis, alcoholic liver disease, autoimmune liver disease other infectious liver disease and also metabolic diseases. You may well have cirrhosis but that would have to be correlated with your clinical history and if you have been a heavy drinker for a long period of time. Also patients with cirrhosis will often have other manifestations of liver disease. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that you need to be tested to have a proper diagnosis.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for educational purposes only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor or establish a doctor patient relationship.