MasterDoc, Doctor
Experience:  20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine

can a mans sperm throw off a females vaginal ph and cause her

can a mans sperm throw off a females vaginal ph and cause her to have vaginal bacteria
Category: Medical
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
In essence the answer is possibly. Bacterial vaginosis, while not considered to be a sexually transmitted disease, almost never occurs in virgins. However, I'm not sure if it is a function of sperm in particular or of ANYTHING going inside the vagina to alter the pH and allow for the bacterial vaginosis.
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
ANd a BONUS is always appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
well tell me what causes bacterial vaginosis, my partner keeps telling me that her doctor is blaming my sperm for it.
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
As I said, having sexual intercourse is a risk factor for causing bacterial vaginosis. For that reason there may be some truth in what the MD is reportedly saying, although I doubt many (if any) MD's would put it anywhere near as strongly as to say your sperm is "causing it". The ultimate answer to the question of what causes it is "no one knows". Here are a couple of links to reliable sites that discuss this in detail.
Please click ACCEPT.
ANd a BONUS is always appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
that info was very helpful i thank u very much, buy the way during sex one of my testicals rise up in my pelvic area and i have to force it back down and it is very painful