Dr. Mikey
Dr. Mikey, Doctor
Experience:  Pediatrician in private and group practice for 20 years. Extensive experience in urgent care.

Where can I get a painless upper dural

Customer Question

Where can I get a painless upper dural?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Mikey replied 7 years ago.
I presume you meant to type painless epidural...
Would you be getting this for delivery of a baby or for pain management?
If it is for pain management, are you having problems with your neck/arms or lower back/legs?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I did mean painless upper dura;l.

Need this so bad for the pain i suffer each day for my lower back and both leg

Expert:  Dr. Mikey replied 7 years ago.
The proceedure is called an epidural. It involves injection of both a local anesthetic and an ant-inflammatory medication into the epidural space around the spinal cord. If you get evaluated by a physician who is a pain management specialist, most of them now do this proceedure in the hospital or in a private surgery center after giving you some medicine in your IV to put you to sleep. You should not remember anything and not feel any pain. To find this type of specialist, either contact your regular doctor for a referral, or call your local hospital and ask them for the names of a few doctorts who do the proceedure there.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Please give me some Pain doctors names in my area (Zip code - 28112 )

Thank you so much -

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I keep clicking on ( I accept ) and nothing happens. So I am sending you a reply that I do ( Accrept )

Expert:  Dr. Mikey replied 7 years ago.
Than you for accepting. I personally cannot recommend any pain management specialists in your area. However I believe you are near Charlotte and you can call the Mecklenburg Medical Society and I think they will be able to point you in the right direction. Their number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN Or there is the North Carolina Medical Board at(NNN) NNN-NNNN