Dr. Salar
Dr. Salar, Doctor
Experience:  Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
11855647

How can I remove a fatty tissue bump under my skin It is on

How can I remove a fatty tissue bump under my skin? It is on my forehead and is at leased one inch above my eye. An over the counter remedy, to soften or turn white, to peal off like as if a bandage covered sore turning white that will go dead and come off. Any suggestions?
It is only 1/4 inch across (round).
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Salar replied 7 years ago.
fat will not come off with OTC medicines.. it requires incision and removal / lumpectomy. Please see a surgeon or dermatologist.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The response did not help me avoid a very expensive process, I guess I will just have to not do anything, and forget about it.
Expert:  Dr. Salar replied 7 years ago.
there is nothing which can be done about the lump - except excision. also if you never saw a doctor than you should to confirm thats its fat and nothing else.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

None of the responses helped me remove this by myself. I already knew I could spend $1,000 or more to have this removed, The responses did not suggest a way around that expense.

I wanted a way to do it myself as I stated. I was considering putting some numbing compound on it and then sterilizing a needle to drain it. I thought they would recommend the products that I could buy over the counter to do it safely. I din't want to spend $1,000 or more as they suggested to have it removed, I already knew I could do that. Does anyone know what the products are that I could do it myself? That was my question, if there is no other option, then that did not help.

Expert:  Dr. Salar replied 7 years ago.
unfortunately there is nothing over the counter to help you save money . you should either leave them alone and save money to get it done or get them done professionally. It can be risky to do it yourself at home as you may cut into a vessel or may require stitches . infection can be a bad complication if not sterlized properly.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

There is nothing recommended other than don't do it myself.

Thanks anyway!