MasterDoc
MasterDoc, Doctor
Experience:  20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine
3119816

my dislocated arm, which came out while I was sleeping, i have alot

I relocated my dislocated arm, which came out while I was sleeping, i have alot of pain and less range of motion. I hav relocated it about 9 times this year, but this time the pain is staying.
Category: Medical
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
There are several possibilities here. One is that this time either the dislocation or the relocation damaged some muscles or nerves in the area. The other is that this time either muscles or nerves became "entrapped" ie are caught between to two bones of the relocated joint. A careful orthopedic or neurological exam, possibly followed by an MRI, would be desireable to make sure this is not a problem that will become permanant without further treatment.
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
And a BONUS is alwasy appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have an appointment 9 days away, is it ok to wait until then to have it looked at?
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
Honestly I would say that is less than ideal. That delay could make it more difficult to fix.
Please click ACCEPT.
And a BONUS is always appreciated.