Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

I HAVE A LUMP BEHIND MY EAR THAT COMES AND GOES EVERY FEW DAYS

I HAVE A LUMP BEHIND MY EAR THAT COMES AND GOES EVERY FEW DAYS ITS ABOUT 1.5 TO 2CM...ANY IDEA WHAT THIS COULD BE?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 7 years ago.
how long has this been going on? is it tender? do you have any ear pain?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
its a soft bump and i dont have any pain in my ear....seems like it could be a allergic reaction but im not sure....ive noticed it for the last few months, it shows up then it disappears.
Well, you have a chain of lymph nodes which run along your jaw and behind your ear. Anytime you have any sort of inflammation, whether it be from your scalp or your ear, your lymph node will get swollen. They can also get swollen when you have a sore throat or a general viral infection. As long as it is not hard and is going up and down, I would not worry about it. But if you develop any hard masses, particularly painLESS ones, you need to have them checked by your regular doctor. Sometimes cancer (like lymphoma) can show up in the nodes, but there are hard painLESS nodes. A painful node is morel likely from inflammation/infection...

best wishes

press the green accept button if this was helpful.