Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

the tops of my hands feel like theyre on fire and my finger

Customer Question

the tops of my hands feel like they're on fire and my finger tips feel like exposed nerves or shattered glass. do you know what this could be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 7 years ago.

Since how long? Any other symptom? Any past illness? Any test ? Any treatment taken? Please mention your age and gender.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it comes and goes during different times of the year. when i am outside in sunlight (fall or spring, or summer) i will then feel the shattered glass feeling in my hands with a burning feeling on the backs of my hands and tops of my feet. then i can't open anything cold because my fingers kill me and if i bump my foot or hand it's excruciating. i am a 44 year old female (mother of 3). no one has been able to tell me what it could be.
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for the input.

There are many factors which can contribute to the burning of extremities.These can be diabetes, smoking, alcohol , vitamin B12 deficiency, neuropathy, decreased thrombocyte, gout, thyroid, liver, kidney disease etc, Even sometimes allergy have effect on burning of hand. Sometimes analgesic, antidepressant, anticonvulsants drugs are useful to alleviate the symptoms. If you not yet consult a neurologist you can make a appointment for examination and if needed with investigations for definitive treatment.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.