MasterDoc, Doctor
Experience:  20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine

My girlfriend is 17 y.o. and and she just lost her virginity

My girlfriend is 17 y.o. and and she just lost her virginity to me 17 days ago and she is now late for her period by a couple days! We used condoms, and I didn't ejaculate until after the sex cus she couldnt handle the pain! There was a lot of blood and it was her first time, but now she stressing asking if she can be pregnant!? I reassure her that since it was her first time and there was a lot of blood her period could've been thrown off for a few days but in honesty thats only comforting her not me what do i do and what do you have to say about this? Thanks
If you used a condom AND didn't ejaculate inside her I agree that pregnancy is very unlikely. However, rather than worry why not just buy a pregnancy test (just a few bucks in any drugstore) and have her test tomorrow morning? A pregnancy test at this point would be very reliable.
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have told her about getting a pregnancy test but she thinks that its too soon or she's afraid of seeing the outcome and Im an active duty marine who is half way on the other side of the world from her and I can't convince her to do it cus im not there so any advice to tell her and convince medically that it will be ok. I might seem like i am making this to be a bigger deal that it actually is but it's pretty serious in my circumstance! Which is the best test at the this point? Thanks!
The BEST test would be a blood test by an MD but as I said a regular home pregnancy test should be VERY accurate at this point. As I said, you can continue to reassure her that it is VERY unlikely and it is probably just anxiety that is delaying her period. I can't think of what else to say to her.
Please click ACCEPT.
And good luck to you overseas.