Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

I have small bumps on my hands that look like ant bites and

I have small bumps on my hands that look like ant bites and they itch, they are located between my fingers. What is this and what causes this?
How long have you had this?

Do you have these on any other part?

Does any other family member have this?

I am available online to help you further with this info.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

off and on for about 2 months.

only between my fingers now, I had a couple on the side of my foot.

No my husband is fine, just me.

This is likely to be due to an allergic reaction.

You should check out whether you have started any new medications. It could be also due to some new foods that you took, specially foods like nuts, some new types of meat, fish, etc. You could be having a food allergy. You should also watch out for any new soaps or detergents. Link1. Link2

It could also be an allergic reaction to bed bugs. Link.

If you find anything which could have caused the allergy, you should try to avoid it. However, quite as often, no definite cause of such allergic reactions can be found, you should not worry if this is so.

Meanwhile you can take Cap. Benadryl (OTC) 1 cap. daily, this will help to cure the rash. You can also apply 1% Hydrocortisone cream (available OTC) on the rash. You can expect the rash to go down in two three days.

However, if it persists beyond three days or new rashes appear, then you need to approach your doctor for this. If it persists, conditions like scabies , Eczema and other dermatological conditions need to be ruled out.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.